Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
Minnesota Disability Law Center
MDLC Rep Payee/Advocate Full-Time, Temporary Position
Position: Mid-Minnesota Legal Aids Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC) seeks a full-time advocate to work in its Minneapolis office between January and July 2021. This position may transition to a full-time, permanent position. Because MDLC serves clients throughout Minnesota, this position will involve significant travel.
- Conduct outreach and training sessions for people with disabilities across the state on topics related to employment of individuals with disabilities who are beneficiaries of Social Security, with an emphasis on youth preparing to enter the work force
- Develop and present community education programs on disability law issues for clients, advocates, and service providers
- Conduct accessibility audits of publicly available job assistance providers
- Apply the principles of Legal Aids Racial Justice Values Statement in all work-related business and interactions
- Concern for the needs and rights of people with disabilities is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Access to reliable transportation is required
- Knowledge of disability law and familiarity with service systems is desired
- Experience in providing services to individuals with disabilities is desired
- Second language skills are a plus
- Experiences with diverse economic, social, or cultural communities are a plus
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Office is required
Compensation: up to $23/hour plus reimbursement for travel expenses. No benefits.
Applications must include a resume and a cover letter explaining interest in the position and should be submitted online to www.mylegalaid.org/employment by 5:00 p.m. on January 18, 2021. Please indicate that you are applying for the MDLC Rep Payee/Advocate position in your cover letter.
Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please.
Starting date: As soon as possible after position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer