Apple Media Products Engineering, Sr. iOS/macOS Engineer, Apple TV
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200212762
- Solid experience with native macOS or iOS development and Objective-C/Swift.
- Strong knowledge of Apple framework paradigms and commonly-used patterns.
- Being able to drive a project from a simple idea to the finished product.
- Experience with remote data handling, REST, and asynchronous programming.
- Will to focus on details and building the best user experience.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Ability to design and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories
- You will mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable
- Proven track record to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to technologies/frameworks
- Ability to thrive with highly collaborative, multi-functional projects that are high profile and critical to Apple TV!
The Apple Media Products engineering team is seeking a hardworking Senior Software Engineer to provide new tools in order to support Apple TV programming. Excellent written and oral skills are a requirement. We're looking for a Cocoa engineer to help us build the next generation macOS Cocoa tools that will drive out current and future media products. You should have experience building and shipping macOS (or iOS) applications. If you love to start with an empty canvas and build an excellent desktop application, crave building better user experiences and have the will to keep the users not only productive but happy, this is the job for you! Here's your chance to join a dynamic team and to break new ground on our video editorial platform! You will have the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious but humble enough to listen to others. We want your thoughts on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tools and ideas to empower developers around the world. We expect you to challenge the status quo, to care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together. We are looking for a teammate who wants to take on problems under deadlines and deliver visionary solutions. In this role, you'll be responsible for building new features, data models, and user workflows. You will collaborate with our Apple Design team to bring projects and features to life. In addition to delivering phenomenal new Apple TV features, you will parter with the rest of the Apple Media Products engineering team to deliver incredible products to support our partners.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.