Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Appleton - Wisconsin
The Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team.
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Demonstrate personal leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
- Quickly reacts and responds to urgent customer needs, ensuring a timely and quality response.
- Plans/prepares resources to be able to meet customer demands.
- Identifies areas of inefficiency and develops improvement plans
- Demonstrated ability to be consistently fully utilized on billable work.
- Takes ownership in overall development including technical, commercial and personal by having a documented 70-20-10 plan.
- Provides services to Rockwell customers through embedded services, call out, and through phone/chat support to consistently meet utilization goal.
- Travel as required to cover assigned region/sub-region. Accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering and field experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US/Canada. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Travel as required to cover assigned Region/Sub-region and is accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays
- Experience partnering with sales teams and customers
- Experience indirectly managing a team of engineers and technologists
- Financial acumen, ability to execute projects while meeting budgets
- Experience delivering technical presentations to internal and external customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).