If you are seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our youth, then you should pursue a career with us. Continue reading to learn more about what Job Corps is and why you should work for us!!
Category: Social Development & Counseling
Division: Job Corps
Location: Atterbury Job Corps Center (Edinburgh, Indiana)
What is Job Corps?
Job Corps is a federally-funded comprehensive program that provides essential academic and career skills training to eligible students designed to prepare them for success in every aspect of their lives. Atterbury Job Corps is located in Edinburgh, IN and is managed by Management & Training Corporation (MTC), a privately held company that successfully operates Job Corps, Corrections, Medical and Economic/Social Development contracts.
Why Work For Us?
Are you ready to be a part of something big and have a chance to make a difference in students' lives every day? At the Atterbury Job Corps Center in Edinburgh, Indiana we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive benefits such as:
- $15.50 - Higher wages based on degree
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick time, and 11 paid holidays
- Flexible schedules
- 401(k) with company match
Reports to Residential living Supervisor or designee. Responsible for providing guidance to students to ensure positive group relations and achievement in the program in compliance with government and management directives.
- Provide proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program.
- Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to the counselor.
- Work with a designated counselor to develop retention plans and participate in the retention program.
- Direct dorm activities as designated.
- Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required to ensure safety and proper behavior of students; resolve potential or occurring problems.
- Assist with recreational activities for students on and off-center.
- Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
- Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule; participate in and conduct career preparation activities and Career Success Standards (CSS) training.
- Maintain dormitory and individual student files; maintain files to include complete, updated, and required documentation. Update student records in CIS as required.
- Conduct daily inspections of several dormitories, as assigned.
- It is expected the incumbent will work overtime when directed to do so.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary, and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with youth required - one year preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Click APPLY below to submit your resume and be considered today!!