USB Compliance QA Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200213342
At Apple, quality is in everything we do, and as the USB Compliance QA Manager you will be leading a team of quality-focused engineers responsible for upholding that standard. You will work cross-functionally to identify and highlight key issues in a dynamic environment, facing exciting new challenges daily. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and a real passion for product quality. Our team ensures quality for Apple projects by focusing on two areas: system-level USB/Thunderbolt testing, and USB compliance. Our Graybox Test Engineers test to objective metrics with customer experience in mind and our Compliance Engineers build automated tests for iterative or long-term measurements of quality. We use creativity and innovation to build experiences that our users will love! Come join our team!
- Customer focused: You are passionate about the customer experience and how we can improve it.
- Great teammate: Excellent internal and cross-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Priority driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing fast paced environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Technically agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience.
- Executive presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience.
- USB/Thunderbolt experience: Understanding USB and/or Thunderbolt technologies and ecosystem
- Leading others: A history of leading cross-functional teams to ensure successful programs.
- Bring technical depth to help solve challenging and novel problems and enable quantitative measurements of quality. - Deliver clear reports to partners and executives as products under test move through each development phase. - Take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution. - Balance priorities between short term results and long term infrastructure improvements. - Continuously improve tests and processes with a drive towards innovation and automation. - Contribute to project leadership for Mac programs
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline.