HID, Algorithm Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215242
Be part of the engineering team building next generation sensors, firmware, and algorithms for Human Interface Devices at Apple! We are looking for an Algorithm Quality Engineer with strong mathematical programming skills, experience with automation, and an ability to assess quality across a large set of data. We are a team responsible for testing algorithm implementations, identifying corner cases, and ensuring Apple's Touch input devices perform with high quality through data driven validation.
- 2+ years of Quality Engineering experience
- Ability to develop test guidelines from specifications
- Experience in programming at least 2 of : C, C++, Java, Python, Perl
- Ability to learn quickly and understand the intent and design of an algorithm
- Experience with signal processing techniques to assist in design validation
- Skilled in bug hunting and regression
- Experience in testing & debugging embedded systems
Your responsibilities in this role are likely to include:
Owning quality of algorithms that run on Mac and iOS devices.
Test flow definition, implementation, execution and debugging.
Building detailed automated tests around large data sets
Analyzing and interpreting data to identify failures and trends
Working closely with Algorithm, Software, and Firmware development teams to ensure timely delivery of quality product.
Working multi-functionally to drive quality and be able to clearly communicate results
Education & Experience
B.Sc. or M.S. in EE/CE/CS (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Macintosh systems and Mac OS X or UNIX variant.
- Knowledge of Matlab / Mathematica is helpful.