Engineering Lab Technician - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215286
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
- 6+ years experience as a Lab tech/Support Engineer
- Superb soldering/rework skills for small outline/sma/uBGA components.
- Excellent knowledge of lab equipment (oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, signal generators, etc...)
- Proficient with Excel, data collecting and reporting.
- Experience testing and debugging prototypes report findings.
- Good understanding of electronics basics and measurement technique -
- Report results clearly and accurately
- Ability to program automated test equipment using LabViews
- Working knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems
- Various s/w packages: MS word, MS Excel, email, web, schematic capture (e.g. Cadence, Protel, OrCAD, etc...)
Support the HW + SW engineers with reworking and testing Set up experiments and take accurate measurements Set up automated tests Ensure all lab equipment is fully calibrated Order new equipment and parts as required Maintain the lab stock Design test/prototypes circuits and PCBs
Education & Experience
B.S. or equivalent preferred