Location: United States of America (remote)
Data Management & Governance Director will lead and manage all organization-wide data & analytics governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the data literacy, quality and governance of enterprise data and information assets through the data life cycle. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework and for operationalizing Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Access, and other data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and Business and Functional area levels, to achieve the required level of understanding, consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
The role will partner closely with Data Owners/Product Owners, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), Business Executives, IT Business Partners to understand the business's strategic vision, advise in the use of data to drive insights and help in achieving business outcomes.
- Business / Customer
- Capability Owners for assigned business/function
- Key business leadership in IT
- Vice President of Business Partnership
- IT Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- IT Business and Shared Technology Capability Teams
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Data Management & Governance Director will collaborate across Business, CISO, CPO, IT teams and Functional areas to ensure governance, data quality, data life cycle management and protection issues while improving the quality of core data assets, addressing regulatory requirements as well as supporting the strategic requirements of the department.
- Organize and lead a data and analytics governance council to provide executive sponsorship for and oversight of governance policy creation and compliance.
- Lead Data Management & Governance Team
- Lead and develop teams across Rockwell Automation to ensure data governance policies and practices are embedded throughout the company, including by serving as a liaison between Business and Functional areas to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive and regulated data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Support and supervise information stewardship activities and management of data quality, collection, retention, and purposes of use.
- Improve data ownership, accountability, quality, security, and reliability
- Drive accountability by establishing a robust Data & Analytics Governance and measurement framework
Data & Analytics Management (Data Quality, Access, Master Data, Metadata Management) & Governance:
- Establish and govern an enterprise data & analytics governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Manage the delivery of the data governance program.
- Develop standards, policies, and procedures to support the creation and provide technical assurance for the on-going implementation of the data & analytics governance policy within the business
- Define, manage, and ensure an adequate information trust model, controls for master data and metadata management, including reference data. Ensure that appropriate audit controls exist for data and analytics that serve as the source material for regulatory reports.
- Ensure that the data used for financial reporting and to support legal requirements is valid, reliable, traceable, timely, available, secure and consistent. Also, ensure that business reports derived from controlled data are consistent and representative of the true state of the business.
- Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability, and sources to effectively manage the corporate risk associated with the use of data and analytics.
- Collaborate with the CISO and CPO to create policies and controls for the appropriate protection of information assets. Protection should encompass a defined information life cycle, from acquisition or creation to end of life destruction and disposal procedures.
- Define, manage and advance enterprise information management principles, policies and programs for stewardship, advocacy and custodianship of data and analytics, in concert with legal, information security, and corporate risk and compliance offices
- Measure master data and reference data for compliance to policy, standards and conceptual models. Assure the deployment and management of data quality monitoring practices.
- Develop and maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems and owners; Build and maintain a detailed audit of Rockwell Automation core systems and information assets that are held in these systems, as well as the teams, third parties and processes that use them.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise; Use specialist knowledge and expertise to identify improvements through reducing data redundancy and appropriate data reuse; Develop and enforce data quality metrics outside of the Data Analytics & Insights Platform
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Collaborate with RA teams to implement processes and tools to improve data understandability and consistency
- Help create data driven knowledgebase and training programs.
- Implement methodologies, processes, and best practices to bring data and analytics awareness
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).