Growing hearts and minds, for a better today and tomorrow:
every way, every day, every one
The Essex Westford School District (EWSD) is student centered educators and other school staff who are committed to the success of every child and understands the importance of integrating social and emotional learning within the classroom and in their interactions with students. We are committed to fostering professional growth and teacher efficacy through Professional Learning Communities (PLCs).
EWSD believes that when we deepen our commitment to each other and to continuous growth for every one, then our practices create equitable, authentic, inclusive learning experiences that benefit all students.
EWSD is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. Successful candidates must be committed to working effectively with diverse community populations and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired. If you believe you have what it takes to be successful in one or more of these positions, you are encouraged to apply.
We are currently have the following long-term substitute positons available during the 2020-21 school year. These positions pay $260/day:
- Grade 3 and 4 Classroom Teacher, Westford School
- School Nurse, Summit Street School (grades K-3)
- Physical Education Teacher, Hiawatha Elementary School (grades K-3)
- Grade 4 Teacher, Founders Memorial School
- Music Teacher, Thomas Fleming School (grades 4-5)
- Music/Art Teacher, Summit Street School (grades K-3)
We are also seeking other full-time positions that are available immediately as follows. Excellent benefits package available:
- Behavior Interventionists, various schools - Pay starts at $19.81/hour
- Executive Assistant to the Equity, SEL and Student Support Services Directors – Pay starts at $20.00/hour
Our 2021-22 teaching and administrative posted vacancies currently include the following:
- Physical Educator Teachers, Essex Middle School – Pay starts at $49,246 (Bachelor’s step 1)
- Music Teacher (0.80 FTE), Hiawatha and Summit Street Schools - Pay starts at $39,396.80 (Bachelor’s step 1)
- Director of Student Support Services, Essex High School – Pay starts at $101,000
- Other vacancies that will posted be in the near future include Science (9-12), Spanish (6-8), Elementary Teachers (K-3) and Speech Language Pathologist (9-12)
Click for information about these positions and to apply!
Essex Westford School District
51 Park Street
Essex Jct., VT 05452
EWSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a focus on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion