Monday, January 11, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Gannett Publishing Services
Sterling Heights, MI
Mail Clerk Tasks
May support all warehouse and production material handling support functions, activities and resources to achieve operational goals.
- Comply with all facility material handling Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s)
- Centralize the postal reporting for the nightly legacy Gatehouse papers.
- Produce nightly labels and ink jet files for 11 publications.Sort hand labels with the pink postal tub tags as necessary.
- Produce all postal bar code skid tags, toppers, and skid instructions for the 7 TMC publications that are delivered by the USPS. Ensure each zoned product is properly weighed for insertion reporting.
- Inventory all labels and ink for the Epson, IBM, and Kirk Rudy equipment.Order all tubs, bags, and skids for postal jobs as necessary.
- Perform routine inspection & maintenance on all printers as needed.
- Assist with pallet organization
- General warehouse maintenance including equipment blowdown, preventive maintenance, sweeping floors, pallet organization, and materials disposal.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs:Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press management and supervisors.
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and warehouse management
- Immediately report equipment issues to management
- Communicate scheduling needs to management along with training others on the use of the ink jet machine.
- Coordinate the weekly tie-out packages by obtaining the proper inserts and scheduling the work to be done timely with the mail crew.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.