Thermal Management System Engineer - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 12, 2021
Role Number: 200215628
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! We are looking for a smart, self-driven engineer who loves to test their skills against new and diverse challenges. We have a role that will push you to do your best, to be your most creative and to invent new technology that affects billions of users. This is your opportunity to join the elite team responsible for crafting and building the foundation of the technology that fuels Apple's devices.
- Experience with the trade-offs between thermals, power and performance.
- Innovative and critical thinker with proven analytical skills and innate curiosity.
- Knowledge of Control Systems and theory.
- Mathematical expertise in statistical methods and data processing and visualization.
- Desire to bring data-driven decision-making and analytics to improve our products.
- High Proficiency and examples of coding in one of the languages including but not limited to: Python, C/C++, bash.
- General understanding of hardware and software architecture of mobile systems.
- Basic understanding of wireless technology like LTE, 5G.
Responsibilities include: developing, testing and evolving the thermal control system deployed in almost every Apple product. Perform hands-on analysis and troubleshooting in collaboration with a wide range of cross-functional teams including software developers, system and component teams. You will bring to light system behavior by examining measured data. Beyond mere numerical analysis, find significant insights and recommend improvements to thermal control algorithms and architecture. You will apply data analytics to explore and improve device thermals, power and performance.
Education & Experience
BS, or MS in Mechanical/Electrical/Computer/Industrial/Chemical/System Engineering with 3+ years of relevant experience.