Apple Media Products - Senior Applied Researcher, Machine Learning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jan 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200214739
- Proven understanding of foundational concepts in statistics, optimization, time series modeling, classical machine learning and deep learning. Deep expertise in one or more of these areas.
- Strong coding skills to quickly build prototypes in Python, Scala, R, C/C++ or Java.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineering teams to deploy and scale ML solutions.
- Ability to understand the big picture, identify gaps, propose solutions and test them.
- Ability to distill complex scientific concepts to a wide audience.
- Passionate about mentoring.
You will research, design and develop ML based solutions for a variety of use cases. These use cases range from user facing features for Apple's media products to engineering optimizations that makes our products work like magic. We are in very early days of what we have set out to do, so you have the opportunity to influence our journey and deliver significant, step function changes along the way. As a research group, we participate in conferences and brain-storm ideas collaboratively - we are looking forward to a new hardworking and enthusiastic member to join our group!
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics, Operations, Research, Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science or any other quantitative discipline. Or, equivalent proven industry experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.