Location: Eden Prairie - Minnesota
Who is Rockwell
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell is recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work.
To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Outside the industry expected benefits, Rockwell provides paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, summer hours depending on business needs and eligibility for an annual bonus.
To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
We need a diverse workforce to do our best work. We need the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers, and everything in between. That is where you come in. We are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for leading a team through new product development projects.
What You Will Do
- Lead product development project teams
- With the inputs of team members, plan, schedule, and organize product development projects
- Define project schedule and manage schedule performance
- Define project scope and manage scope performance
- Define project budget and manage budget performance
- Define and manage team resource requirements
- Manage and mitigate risks, and establish proactive contingency planning
- Review progress with business management
Skills You Have
- Knowledge of PMI standards and project management best practices
- Experience working on complex technical projects with levels of uncertainty regarding schedule/cost/scope
- Business and financial acumen
- Ability to coordinate technical issues across multiple functional areas
- Demonstrate a bias for action and issue resolution
- Good communicator
- Leadership in facilitating team decisions, and negotiating for the best solution
- Relationship builder
- Holds self and others accountable for results
- Applies business metrics to track performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required- we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Project Management credential such as PMP, CAPM, or other project management certification
- MBA/Master's degree in engineering management or project management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in development engineering role for new products and/or software
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a project management role for new products and/or software
- Travel 5% of time
What Motion Control Does
To remain competitive in today's demanding business world, companies always look for a faster way to design, develop and deliver enhanced machines to meet customer goals. Our Motion Control solutions and software helps facilitate the machine design process, simplify integrations and systems debugging as well as speed time to market.
We offer servo drives, servo motors and actuators to provide simplified machine design to provide more system flexibility and improve overall performance. We also provide a new approach to linear motors by using magnets instead of gear/chains and belts to allow for precise motion control with frictionless propulsion. The use of magnets results in reduced downtime and maintenance, decreased energy consumption, and improved the ability to change machine profiles.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).