Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
The Business Director, Low Voltage Drives is responsible for the leadership and general management of the Global Low Voltage Drives business. This includes responsibility for business and product portfolio strategy, global sales growth, cross functional collaboration across all support functions, and full P&L responsibility for the business.
- Drives the culture of the Low Voltage Drives organization with a focus on integrity, customer responsiveness, and employee engagement.
- Fosters the career development, succession planning, and growth of the company leaders across all disciplines in the organization
- Develops 10-year strategic plans and direction for the business, driving long-term growth and performance
- Executes strategy, leveraging multiple internal, external, direct and indirect relationships
- Leads global market development, business process execution, people development and financial performance
- Determines key product development and innovation plans.
- Establishes processes and a culture to encourage innovation, strategic thinking, and development of key company initiatives
- Optimizes the portfolio position and profitability in line with Rockwell Automation's growth and performance strategy
- Manages portfolio life cycle - leverages technology to drive innovation, the development of new products, and elegant migration of end of life products
- Ensures alignment and collaboration with the common architecture team for LVD portfolio roadmaps and coordinates product releases across the multiple Rockwell Automation businesses
- Leads initiatives to resolve and prevent customer issues, drive simplicity, and continuously improve the customer experience
- Leads continuous improvement and productivity initiatives to achieve company targets
- Provides leadership for employee engagement initiatives including employee resource groups, diversity efforts, charity fund raising efforts, and more.
Information Processing Capability
- Develops 10 year strategic plans for market development and market access model to achieve a number one position in global market share
- Manages diverse, complex issues daily; understands the intersections and relevancy between diverse issues to ensure actions are effective
- Ability to manage complex global contract negotiations; manages negotiations to maximize Rockwell Automation's ability to win, while minimizing risk exposure based on an understanding of global market data. Considers global market forces, competitive forces, geo-political factors and customer needs
- Synthesizes and analyzes critical data points to ensure compliance to financial controls and production of auditable, accurate financial reports
- Leads large diverse domestic and global teams to achieve business goals, enabling people to do their best work
- Drives continuous focus on market dynamics and competitive trends
- Highly resilient; pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency. Consistently moves problems toward resolution; helps others do the same
- Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships. Supports the goals and initiatives of other businesses and functional support organizations. Ensures that stakeholders receive appropriate focus, attention and alignment
- Facilitate joint problem-solving with mid-level and senior-level leaders.
- Able to flex communication and leadership style to the situation and the audience in order to maximize communication, cooperation, and collaboration.
Accepts Role Requirements:
- Presents to senior executives on business strategy
- Manages multiple stakeholders with varying priorities including development, manufacturing, sales, marketing, quality and third-party partners, etc.
- Global and domestic (U.S.) travel ranging of approximately 35% - 40%
- Ability to operate, respond, work in multiple time zones as required
- Willing and able to lead a large organization, provide performance feedback, balance the budget to meet spending targets, and resolve conflicts as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years in either Product Management, Product Development, Commercial Marketing, Sales or a combination of these types of roles.
- Experience managing a multi-product global portfolio
- Minimum of eight years working with global teams - Proven Leadership and Change Management experience in a globally focused environment.
- Minimum of eight years working in a matrix environment - Proven ability to influence change and build effective partnerships in a matrix environment
- Master of Business Administration or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working in a large global company with responsibility for both direct and indirect reports
- Commercial experience in sales or marketing
- Business Unit / P&L experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).