Senior Software QA Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200214276
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering and/or software development.
- Experience in services and protocol testing working with HTTP/JSON/Rest APIs.
- Deep experience in API functional testing, API test development, execution of automated tests and bug reporting.
- Experience in designing or extending existing test frameworks for web services; particularly using frameworks such as JUnit, TestNg.
- Experience with web devTools, server side logging tools (Splunk) and HTTP traffic monitoring tools (Charles Proxy, Wireshark etc).
- Experienced in UNIX-based systems for debugging, analysis, and automation.
- Experience working closely with development teams in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with meticulous attention to detail and with a diligent mindset.
We are the team providing Apple Media content and services to the world, and building the infrastructure for next generation systems. Our apps, serving billions of requests every hour, help drive products such as iTunes App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and iTunes Store applications on iOS, tvOS and Desktop. We're looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join our backend services QA team to test & automate services that are the backbone of Apple TV app and Apple TV+ subscription service. We are seeking an experienced engineer who is proactive, detail oriented, and can multi-task effectively. Execute manual and automated tests that target TV App client facing services. Analyze test results, troubleshoot and triage issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution. Create & document comprehensive server-side test plans. Collaborate with developers, EPMs & QA engineers to understand features in-depth, plan sprints, plan test cycles & analyze defects. Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.