AI/ML - Build EPM, Engineering Efficiency
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215983
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Transform the way people find their favorite movies and TV shows, watch sports, listen to music, interact with their smart home and much more! Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done. Join the Siri team at Apple. Engineering Efficiency - Pipeline Operations team in Siri is looking for an Engineering Program Manager who is excited about improving engineering productivity contributing to tools and processes in the Build and Integration space. The Build EPM works closely with the SWE Program team and the build commanders to navigate the submission and approval process of our changes. You will - Work with the engineering teams across Siri to track the changes landing in the build and their status - Work with QE to ensure proper testing and signoff happens on each of the changes. - Work with teams outside of Siri that own our internal build systems to ensure that their processes understand our testing and submission process and work towards catching build and test failures early - Ensure project dependency management is done the right way and encourage engineering teams to follow API best practices to prevent build dependency issues - Work with engineering build commanders in response to a build issue and get them resolved ASAP while communicating the resolution times with the stakeholders - Track PRs from merge state to a successful build If you are excited about the challenges of making development and release more efficient while every part of the system is advancing, come help us solve these problems and be part of improving engineering efficiency across the Siri organization!
- Project management experience in Software Development, Build and Release Engineering or QE
- Deep understanding of branching and configuration management
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Exhibit a curious mindset about new ideas
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across a highly-matrixed, cross-functional organization
- Ability to propose and adapt process to accommodate different management styles and situations
- Proven history of strategic and forward thinking
- Nice to have: Unix programming/scripting experience or equivalent
Be a part of the team that builds Siri, the world-leading virtual assistant! AI/ML is looking for an individual with strong communication and project management skill and a knowledge of OS fundamentals to join the team that integrates Siri code to the shipping operating systems: iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. We are looking for people who are great at launching new processes and procedures, working cross functionally to get multiple stakeholders aligned, and who enjoy designing solutions to solve problems! Coordinate with cross-functional teams to define the program plan/schedule and manage the delivery of AI/ML client software changes to the SWE release process. Effectively communicate overall program status to both AIML/Siri leadership, and the SWE program team. Identify and resolve inter-dependencies, program or build issues quickly and effectively.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Software Engineering degree, related engineering degree, or relevant industry experience required.