Title: Spanish Teacher (temporary/full-time)
FLSA Classification: exempt, full-time, temporary
Reports To: World Languages Department Head & Director of Studies
Solebury School seeks a full-time Spanish teacher to teach four sections of Spanish for the Spring trimester of the 2020/21 school year. This is a temporary position. A qualified candidate will be fluent in Spanish, and be able to teach to remote and in-person students simultaneously. This position starts on or about March 15, 2021, possibly sooner.
- Four classes taught in 50-80 minute blocks meeting 2-3 times per week in person, including in-person and remote learners
- Available for office hours once per week for 45 minutes
- Attending weekly faculty meetings and monthly department meetings
- Contribute to the Solebury community outside of classroom teaching- i.e. leading a club, attending events
Qualifications and Expectations of a Solebury Faculty member
- Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish or related field
- Contribute to a distinctive and dynamic academic program
- Familiarity with proficiency-oriented language curricula
- Communicate ideas and expectations well
- Inspire students to set and rise to rigorous expectations
- Maintain close relationships with families
- Flexibility in teaching during a pandemic
- Master’s Degree or higher in Spanish or related field
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: (If necessary) - None
Solebury School seeks teachers who enjoy being a part of a culture of learning, where they are always striving to improve their teaching through feedback and self-evaluation. In our students we value intellectual challenge and academic achievement while having a mutual respect between students and teachers.
Since its founding in 1925, Solebury School has been a leader in progressive education. We are a coeducational boarding and day school serving more than 225 students in grades 9-12.
Solebury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.