Metal GPU Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 13, 2021
Role Number: 200214997
Apple's GPU Software team enables developers to harness the power of the GPU across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch to our Mac product line. Join the team that made the groundbreaking graphics performance of the Apple M1 processor possible! You'll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build tools and APIs to enable cutting edge graphics, machine learning, and compute applications on Apple Silicon devices.
- Understand the graphics pipeline
- GPU programming with Metal, DirectX, Vulkan, CUDA, Direct Compute, OpenGL, or OpenCL
- Programming knowledge of C/C++
- Carry forward highly complex software debug efforts
- Knowledge of real-time graphics algorithms and machine learning is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
The Apple Silicon GPU Driver team needs engineers to design, develop, and support the Metal GPU drivers that power high-performance 3D rendering engines, neural networks and computational photography algorithms. We collaborate with industry specialists across Apple to design future generations of the Metal API, shading language, and Apple Silicon graphics processors. You will apply your knowledge of computer graphics and machine learning to implement the high performance software that drives Apple-designed GPUs. You will build expert-level Metal knowledge to guide Metal developers to tune their applications for maximum performance on Apple Silicon.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent years of experience