Apple Media Products - Security Operations Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 13, 2021
Role Number: 200216115
- - Experience with managing tickets through a ticket management system.
- - Knowledge of the standard security domains and the ability to triage and categorize incoming security requests into discrete streams of work that can be routed appropriately (e.g. Vulnerability Management, Application Security Reviews, Incident Management, etc.).
- - Scripting experience with a goal of automating routine tasks and providing reporting on the volume and nature of incidents.
- - Excellent documentation, organization, and communication skills.
- - The ability to work with a diverse set of teams and collaborate on solutions to security challenges.
- - The ability to establish new processes and documentation around those processes.
- - The ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
The Security Operations Engineer role will support the AMP Security program by overseeing the incoming flow of work to the AMP Security team. This involves classifying and promptly routing external tickets as well as managing tickets related to internal projects and requests in a scalable manner. The security operations engineer will also be expected to follow-up on outstanding tickets and ensure they are ushered to completion. The ideal candidate would be passionate about adding structure and process to streamline ticket management while also implementing regular reporting to provide better visibility into the flow of work. In addition to the ticket management tasks, the security operations engineer will be expected to take on additional security projects related to things like vendor management, vulnerability management, incident investigation, etc. with the support and guidance of the larger AMP Security team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong foundation in security concepts who is looking to get hands-on experience managing and participating in security work in a large software development organization.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- - Demonstrated knowledge of information security concepts and terms
- - Some experience with security engineering or security operations projects
- - Scripting and/or software development experience
- - Strong desire to innovate and gain security engineering expertise