Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation's Commercial Engineering organization is a team of technical subject matter experts providing tools and technical assistance to RA Sales, Partners and Customers. The organization is responsible for improving the effectiveness of Technical Sales Support personnel, and making our customers more successful by providing product knowledge and application guidance. Commercial Engineering supports the Rockwell Automation sales team with pre-sales technical consulting which includes proof of concepts, system architecture review and recommendations, customer visits, and the creation of application notes and white papers. We're looking for driven, highly technical, and innovative college students to join us. Commercial Engineering may be for you if:
- You want to leverage your technical skills to develop customer solutions
- You like to share your technical knowledge with others
- You're a good communicator
- You enjoy being creative
- You are interested in how products work in real-world scenarios
As a Commercial Engineering intern you may work on projects including the following:
- Event preparation (RATechEd and Automation Fair)
- Technical Lab/Demo configuration and testing
- Product feature testing and documentation
- Creating videos showing customers how to use products.
The Commercial Engineering team reflects our various business units with teams supporting: Motions & Drives, Controls & Visualization Business, Power & Components. Rockwell Automation interns are provided opportunities to network with each other and with our leadership team as well. Our interns are invited to participate in professional development workshops, social events, and volunteering activities too!
- Minimum cumulative GPA 2.75 GPA
- Enrolled in an accredited University
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Pursuing BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security or Mechanical Engineering
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Programming experience (ladder logic programming)
- Leadership experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).