Senior Display Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200216751
Apple is searching for a candidate with a strong optical+mechanical background to play a key role in the development of displays for award-winning Apple Mac products.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience and a proven track record in designing and qualifying high volume mass production systems, and display related system strongly preferred
- Experience in leading or managing engineering team(s) of developing and manufacturing high- volume products is required, as is experience in working closely with cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, thermal, operation, procurement and etc.) and with overseas suppliers
- Technical expertise and experience in a subset of the follow disciplines are required: optical and mechanic design, display technologies, system integration and product development
- A broad engineering background encompassing elements of electronic engineering is strongly desired
- The candidate must have a track record in taking initiative, prioritizing his or her own work and simultaneously making significant contributions to multiple programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and people skills are required
- Some overseas travel is required
The individual in this position will be leading the design and development of the next generation Mac display module, specific responsibilities include the following:
Lead internal display teams efforts on: - Overall display module design and qualification - Model and optimize optical characteristics of display modules - Develop optical architectures for next-generation Apple display modules - Characterize prototypes and engineering samples and perform detailed data analysis - Perform failure analysis as needed; develop corrective actions. - Analyze tradeoffs between display performance, manufacturability and cost - Ensure adequate manufacturability and process controls for mass-production ramp - Verify and optimize proper integration of display modules in Apple systems
Serve as key technical contact window with Apple cross-functional teams such as product design, reliability engineering, operations, procurement, etc.
Investigate emerging display technologies for future Apple product
Education & Experience
This position typically requires a Ph.D. degree in Physics or Opto-mechanical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of experience or a Master's Degree with 5+ years of experience.