Location: 3300-RAD East Valley Hauling
Residential Route Driver
Apache Junction, Arizona
Right Away Disposal, is looking for a safety conscience Local CDL Driver to join our GROWING team in Apache Junction, Arizona!
The ideal driver will have a self-motivated, go getting attitude, that is looking to excel and grow with our GROWING company!
Why work for Waste Connections?
- ~Competitive Compensations~
- ~Safety Bonuses - Get rewarded for your safe habits~
- ~Yearly Boot Stipend - Get your boots covered~
- ~Benefits Plans - Keep yourself healthy~
- ~Matching 401(K) - Connect to your future~
What we do: We provide trash and disposal services to the local community. You, a vital piece of the team, would be responsible for safely operating a garbage truck into neighborhoods and picking up trash, while providing the best service in the industry. Class ASide Load Trucks require drivers to operate hydraulics to dump trashcans. This includes duties such as:
- Safely driving a garbage truck in residential neighborhoods and servicing customers
- Cautiously Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities
- Occasionally pulling and moving containers that weight over 50 pounds
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Courteous interaction with your customers
- Other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What we work with: Trash is heavy! Sometimes we have machines aid our efforts. Other times we do not. And this is a service provided year round - Rain, snow or shine. Hot or cold. Be prepared to work in all environments, around heavy diesel equipment. Not to mention dirty ones. Plan for the following labor:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work with consistent walking; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 75 pounds. Exiting/exiting high set truck. Walking. Moderate noise level.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- Exposure to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
At the end of the day, we go home knowing we leave a smiling customer!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a satisfactory driving record.
- Class A CDL
- Ability to work Monday - Friday starting at around 5:30 am. Approx. 45-50 hours a week, with overtime possibilities.
- Physically comfortable with demands of the job
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)