HW System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jan 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215598
We are seeking hardworking individuals who like you to join our team. This is a System Engineering position that entails working with multi-functional groups to continually innovate the iPhone & iPad products. You will be based in the Cupertino area and will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Module and Design & Validation teams in Apple.
- - BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or greater, plus min of 3 years of technical work experience
- - Hands-on experience in prototype work and functional verification specifically with electronics
- - Hands-on and proficient with lab equipment: digital multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, data logger...etc.
- - Prior experience with superb coding/scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell, Unix, etc)
- - Strong documentation and interpersonal skills - strong technical writing
- - Proven software background; preferably iOS
- - Comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment; Confirmed ability to work independently under high pressure and dynamic environment
- VALUABLE PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- - Prior working experience with prototype hardware and/or development boards is strongly desired
- - Developed automated test and measurement systems; Setup of environments optimized for test measurement
- - Software development and/or solid understanding of Software methodology
- Evaluate overall system design by crafting and conducting evaluation tests; applying knowledge of engineering fundamentals - Support Hardware teams in crafting the next-generation iPhones & iPad; build Failure Analysis reports - Own the optimization of the test processes and make recommendations for coverage improvements - Develop benchmarking matrix by crafting or modifying automation scripts for building and assembling performance graphs - Work towards closing potential test gaps and build improvements to the scripts - Position involves supporting hardware development activities abroad at manufacturing partner facilities
Education & Experience
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace