Apple Cloud - ML Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200215848
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we could accomplish. We're looking for hardworking data scientists, machine learning scientists, and strong engineers (at all levels of seniority) passionate about building products and initiatives from the ground up. This is a brand-new team driving data efforts across the iCloud organization. In this role, you'll implement novel machine learning algorithms, drive data science analysis for decision-making, and build efforts through to production at massive scale. These systems help us understand and improve Apple's user experience and are a significant part of our strategic focus optimizing user experience and engagement with personal iCloud accounts. You'll work in a small and diverse team, building new functionality and collaborating across groups. You'll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm development, and optimization efforts to ship huge impact. This position requires a broad set of software engineering skills, focusing on exabytes of data. You built and deployed ML algorithms, optimization efforts, and/or data science driven systems. You should have experience working with massive datasets and shipping production scale systems.
- You've earned ONE of the following three
- 1. PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Economics, Optimization or related field with experience building production systems or have equivalent experience working with large data science / machine learning projects in industry.
- 2. MS in CS with 4+ years of experience in working with large data projects,
- 3. BS in CS with 6+ years of experience in the industry with at least 3 years in data science / machine learning.
- YOU WILL ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Proven track record delivering production software.
- Deep fluency in Java, C++, or another production language.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, MPI, or other distributed frameworks
- Proven mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning, statistics.
- Strong data-driven thinking.
- Recent experience with building models such as Forecasting growth, Predicting churn, Customer clustering and detecting anomaly.
- Experience in data engineering in Big Data systems.
- Expertise in crafting Data Models for high performance and scalability
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- Experience in high-level programming language for analysis (e.g Python, R, Scala)
- Additional Success Factors:
- Understanding Subscription based business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated, independent and proactive
- Ability to work with multi-functional teams, set priorities and lead multiple projects simultaneously with critical timelines.
Are you in love with data? Do you loose sleep pondering about the algorithm that accurately predicted your recommendation? If so, we'd love to hear from you! - Invent, design and implement new algorithms using machine learning and data science systems. - Produce high quality code with excellent reliability and scalability. - Explore novel architectural solutions and communicate ideas clearly. - Collaborate in diverse multi-functional teams to prototype new concepts and deliver end-to-end systems. - Technical leadership is greatly valued. In this role, you'll implement novel machine learning algorithms, drive data science analysis for decision-making, and build efforts through production at massive scale. These systems will help us understand and improve Apple's user experience, and will become a significant part of our strategic focus optimizing user experience and engagement with personal accounts and services. You'll work in a small and dynamic team, building new functionality and collaborating across groups. You'll also participate in crafting systems, algorithm, and optimization efforts to ship product with impact. This position requires a broad set of Machine Learning skills, and additional software engineering skills is a plus. There's a focus on bringing ML techniques to scale to exabytes of data. You are an ideal candidate for this role if you have built and deployed ML algorithms, optimization efforts, and/or data science driven systems at massive scale. You should have experience working with massive datasets and shipping production scale systems.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience. - M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience. - Ph.D. in CS, industry experience a plus.