Location: Chelmsford - Massachusetts
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
The Product Specialist 2develops specific marketing plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives. Establish pricing strategies. Work with engineering, manufacturing, and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s), including custom, engineered to order, or factored products. Support assigned product(s) or have complete responsibility for product line(s).
Ideally, we would like this person in our Massachusetts location, but for the right hire, we will consider candidates elsewhere.
- Will work closely with many RA divisions to provide a complete solution.
Supports all product managers and business managers for specific products with Quality, Delivery, Customer Satisfaction, and Productivity.
- Applies market, customer, industry, application and technical knowledge to assist in preparing Customer Requirement Document (CRD) and Product Requirement Document (PRD) for product development projects (new, line extensions, enhancements, custom, engineered to order, brand labeling and cost reductions).
- Responsible for ensuring that the products meet expectations for customer usability, quality / robustness, competitive features, ease of manufacturing, RA distribution model, profitability, etc.
- Helps with preparation of on-going competitive analysis and regularly communicates relevant information throughout the organization.
- Supports Commercial Marketing organization in the development and implementation of key programs in support of product objectives (e.g. trade shows, promotion programs, pre-sales and post sales collateral, target account programs, etc.)
- Works effectively with customers and partners; Exhibits successful supplier relationship management
- Interfaces with Sales, Engineering and Customer Support as the product portfolio expert
- Works with Product Certification to maintain current standards compliance for product portfolio
- Engages both Supplier Quality and Product Quality as necessary
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- 2yrs or more of experience within Engineering, Product Management, Commercial Marketing and/or Sales in the Industrial Automation industry or similar business to business industry
- Knowledge and understanding of sensing with a focus on vision sensing and/or RFID sensing
- Understands business profit & loss responsibility
- Strong presentation skills
- Project management experience desired
- Product line forecasting and strategic planning is desired
- Experience integrating products to RA Logix platform and knowledge of Studio 5000 is desired
- Understanding 3D sensing is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated team leadership within a matrix environment to achieve objectives
- 30% travel which includes international travel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).