Location: 6000-E.Region Office Knoxville
Do you want to work in a decentralized operational organization which values self-direct and empowered employees? Now is your chance to join Waste Connections Inc. and Connect with your Future!
Apply now to join Waste Connections / Eastern Region Office team in Knoxville, TN. You'll play a role in strategic planning, execution of initiatives and provide counsel to leaders on complex employee relations matters while utilizing a consultative approach vs policy approach while upholding our Values.
Our Human Resources Generalist position will require you building relationships with district managers, leadership and other HR professionals across North America. The Eastern Region Office team supports 100 plus districts representing $1.5 Billion in revenue across multiple states and supporting 4500 employees.
As a Waste Connections Human Resources Generalist you are empowered to:
- Build relationships with district/field managers and leaders in the region and serve as a strategic partner of the region leadership team while utilizing our Values based decision making model.
- Conduct fact finding investigations, problem solve, influence resolution and mitigate risk thru a consultative HR approach.
- Participate in projects and planning which supports employee development and successes.
- Collaborate with managers, employees and corporate HR to help resolve employee relations issues which arise throughout the employment cycle.
- Analyze data to help drive results (such as turnover numbers, internal & external market data) and make recommendations to leadership based upon best practices.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, programs and other personnel matters.
- Work directly with the Human Resources Administrator and Human Resource Manager.
About you (the ideal candidate)
- 3+years of progressive Employee Relations experience.
- Self-driven project management skills and the ability to manage multiple matters and projects while demonstrating sound judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven success in influencing and serving employees at all levels of the organization through collaboration and communication.
- Ability to travel to our partner districts throughout the United States (up to 40% often without advance planning to include overnight and day travel).
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, even in high stress situations.
- Understands business strategy, financial drivers, and how to align HR plans to meet the goals of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of US employment laws.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
What's In It for You?
You will be joining colleagues who embrace a "work hard, play harder" culture. Our compensation package is competitive and allows you the opportunity to receive excellent benefits; including medical, dental, vision, 100% company match 401(k) retirement plan and an annual bonus package. You'll also be associating yourself with a company that leads by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)