Sr. CAD Engineer - Circuit Simulation Flow & Methodology
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Role Number: 200217546
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance design and simulation flows and methodology for digital, analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit designs.
- We typically require 5+ years of industry experience in circuit design flows and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tape-outs.
- Proficiency with Spice/Fastspice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, AFS(BDA), Hspice, NCSim, FineSim, CustomSim, ADS/Goldengate, etc.
- Deep knowledge on DC/Transient/Noise/PSS/HB, Cross corner PVT, Aging/Reliability analysis, and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Strong ability to solve simulation convergence, accuracy, and performance issues.
- Extensive exposure to post-layout simulation challenges and applications.
- Experience in evaluating simulation related CAD tool/product application and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Understanding behavioral models for circuits, experience in clock network simulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of PDK and Spice model qualification.
- Efficient programming skills in any of the following languages: Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, C/C++, etc.
- Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work across various teams.
In this role, you will work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. Working in a small team, we will be collaborating with the digital/analog/RF/mix-signal circuit designs, layout teams, technology teams, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate efforts of developing, validating, and bringing up transistor level circuit design environment and flows, enhancing custom checks and data generation.
Education & Experience
MS / PhD preferred in a technical field.