Location: Raleigh - North Carolina
Location: Los Angeles - California
Location: United States of America San Francisco
Ideally located in Raleigh, NC; Boston, MA or Los Angeles, CA we will consider well qualified candidates throughout the continental U.S.
This position requires an individual with strong technical skills relating to the deployment of Process, and Batch solutions. The individual will need to support customers throughout the life cycle of project work. This will include providing control system architectures, detailed design, hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. The individual should have expertise in PLC coding (RSLogix5000), HMI development (FactoryTalkView SE/ME), Batch Control (FTBatch), Historian (FTHistorian), and other control system technologies. In the lead technical role an individual will be a contributing part of a project team but also responsible to direct, supervise, lead and review all assigned engineering personnel and their assigned tasks for a project. The individual will assign tasks, monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hour usage on projects. Leading and participating in start-up assignments will also be required. Involvement with orders/projects in the range of $100K to $5M, with the quantity of orders/projects per year in the range of 1-10.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture.
- Make recommendations for improvements and assist Project Manager to propose these to the customer.
- Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming
- Participates in the design, implementation, test and startup phases of complex systems projects.
- Assist Project Manager with technical issues and determine changes which may/can have commercial/scheduling impact.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have the ability to travel an average of about 25% of the time; however, travel can flex up to 50% a few times per year.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Electrical Engineering, and/or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the design and implementation of PLC based batch process control systems
- Minimum of 8 years of experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Further education in engineering, computer science or project management is a plus.
- Control System Architecture Design (Client Server); including Virtual Client Server design experience preferred.
- Experience with RA Products hardware and software product suites (ControlLogix, Logix 5000, FT View, FTBatch, FT Historian and FT VantagePoint.)
- Experience using either FTHistorian, MS SQL Server or Oracle database systems.
- Experience in interfacing information systems to the factory automation layer through data historians, OPC servers, or other mechanisms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).