The Operations Staff Assistant acts as support to all departments to effectively service Benjamin Moore's internal and external customers. Main duties include administration of time and attendance, payroll, coordination of temporary workforce, accounts payable, creating and maintain weekly/monthly reports and support as needed to the Plant Manager.
Internal Administrative Support:
- Submits payroll hours on a weekly basis
- Accurately updates employees' vacation days and manages all vacations, personal days, and STD, WC, FMLA leave balances while verifying the call out Attendance guidelines are met.
- Absenteeism information is entered and reported accurately
- Manages the temporary workforce payroll and manages the cost of temporary workforce and total hour spreadsheet
- Administers monthly reports for OT and temp labor
- Maintain on site personal and medical files
- Assist pre-employment and onboarding of all of new hires.
- Assist Facility Managers and HR with various administrative office task .
General Office Support:
- Basic office duties, answers telephone inquiries, manages incoming and outgoing mail, and ship courier packages
- Process and submit invoices
- Preparing reports as needed
- Coordinates plant meeting/activities
- Ensures efficiency of office equipment and quantity of office supplies
- Actively participates and applies knowledge gained through Benjamin Moore's Health and Safety programs.
- Other duties as needed
- High School degree or GED required, Associate's degree in business preferred
- 2+ years administrative experience including payroll administration and inventory control a plus
- HR administrative assistant experience a plus
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- SAP experience preferred
- ADP experience preferred
- Strong communications skills, both verbally and written
- Solid time management, organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on several assignments simultaneously