CoreOS - System Power Validation Manager
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200217529
Are you interested in making battery life great on devices that are used by millions of people? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you feel comfortable working with many cross-functional teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you! The Core OS Power team is looking for a hardworking and experienced technical engineering manager to lead the system power validation for all of Apple's iOS, watchOS and macOS products. You will lead a team of talented engineers to measure, analyze and validate power for new devices and software features using development boards. You will have opportunity to work with specialists across Apple to influence power efficiency of new features and have major impact on customer facing battery life targets
- Experience managing test and validation team preferably with focus on system power.
- History of motivating teams to meet aggressive goals and innovate
- Strong knowledge of power measurement and analysis techniques on early stage hardware.
- Hands on experience in developing and validating test cases for mobile devices
- Proficiency in automation and scripting language/library such as Python3, Pandas or similar
- Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
Lead a team of engineers to plan and execute system power validation of future products. Act as technical leader when design directions are unclear. Test lab infrastructure and automation roadmap planning to meet future challenges. Strengthen the team by hiring and mentoring top engineering talents. Manage numerous projects and conflicting priorities. Communicate status and progress clearly with stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field