Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
Responsible for the overall performance of the Twinsburg Manufacturing Engineering group, ensuring successful achievement of goals, including Continuous Improvement objectives. Directs, possibly through subordinate managers and other staff members, the execution of the organization's strategies to ensure the manufacturing plant can achieve their goals in safety, quality, service, productivity, and capability. Interacts with Twinsburg Operations and Twinsburg plant leadership on a regular basis in order to identify and escalate/address issues in a timely manner. Ensures adherence to standards for manufacturing process design and project management. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. In this role, direct people management responsibility required.
- Lead, through a group of Manufacturing Engineers that are responsible for the execution of projects aimed at improving manufacturing capabilities and performance
- Drives activities related to Lean Manufacturing. Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities, cycle time reductions, and floor space and process improvements.
- Oversee layout of new production lines and re-layout of existing production lines to optimize flow of materials and optimization of space.
- Justify and procure tooling and capital equipment necessary to maintain required production volumes at high yields.
- Responsible for plant capacity planning and for securing capital requirements to ensure plant capacity meets demand in a 5-year time frame.
- Support the New Product Producibility (NPP) group by ensuring seamless transfer of products from pilot to manufacturing.
- Develop and grow engineering talent in the Twinsburg Operations.
- Develop 3-yr facility strategy to optimize utilization of manufacturing, warehouse and office floor space.
- Responsible for capital planning process for Twinsburg Operations.
- Provide leadership for Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develop and lead employees towards the achievement of department and facility objectives.
- Lead employees to identify and implement continuous improvement.
- Actively supports (and seen as a resource to help train) employees through white belt, yellow belt, green belt, black belt and problem-solving skills such as A3 methodology.
- Provide positive Manufacturing Engineering role model by taking proactive role in improving processes through training/teaching line design, line balancing and material flow concepts and procedures.
- Develop working relationships through different business units and OES partners
- Develop long range strategies for and translate them into short term goals and objectives.
- Endorse use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies to drive process improvement and standardization.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect Twinsburg Operations organizations.
- Develop and implement strategic plan to assure manufacturing processes and facility layouts are effectively created to meet company schedule, quality and cost goals.
- Develop, implement and supports Continuous Improvement plans for the facility.
- Responsible for the facilities capital budget and controlling expenditure of capital.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).