Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
This Senior-level Role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to serve as a critical Test Resource specializing in ethernet networking, Rockwell/Cisco Networking Technology and Industrial IoT Networks for Rockwell Automation. This role will work in tandem with the Network Architecture and Infrastructure Team to design, implement, and troubleshoot network architectures for System Test. This unique opportunity will provide the right person with the chance to define the first-ever network focused role within System Test.
This position is focused on bringing the Connected Enterprise to life through rigorous design and execution of tests that validate, and stress Industrial networks built using Rockwell/Cisco Technology. The right candidate is expected to collaborate with multiple teams across multiple sites to deliver positive results to the Test Team. This position will require a leader, teacher, and mentor to help guide the organization through this transition into the IT/OT convergence and help lead the way to the Connected Enterprise.
- Provide expert-level guidance to the System Test Architects in the area of ethernet networking to support the design of testbed network architectures designed to achieve the overall test objectives while minimizing wasted cycles due to network issues.
- Configures and validates configurations on Stratix & Cisco devices for all System Test Switches and routers both Devices Under Test and Infrastructure equipment.
- Master Ethernet standards and relevant Network Technologies and have the ability to explain these concepts to technical and non-technical personnel alike.
- Provide expert level troubleshooting for networking related issues throughout the Embedded Software organization and represent the Test Team in anomaly resolution and risk mitigation for network specific topics with development staff.
- Active participant in the Test process, providing the expertise necessary to allow System Test to diagnose Layers 1,2 & 3 Network level issues discovered during test.
- Consistently collaborate with the Network Architecture and Infrastructure team to align with current company best practices for network architecture and design.
- Serves as consultant within Rockwell.
- Expert-level technical background in High-complexity Networking solutions and implementation strategies and strong understanding of IT and OT convergence.
- Strong background in Test, specifically in testing of ethernet networks and testbed design for ethernet networks.
- Detail oriented with the ability to summarize, document, and communicate Test outcomes.
- Strong understanding of network technologies including (STP, VLANs, DTP, VTP, IGMP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP, Flexlinks, ACLs, DLR, PRP, HSR, MRP...)
- Bachelor's degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically 8+ years of Network/Test Engineering experience.
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting network implementations
- Designing, configuring and troubleshooting testbeds and test cases.
- Strong experience with Cisco IE/Stratix networking switches and routers.
- Stay current and be conversant with the latest networking technologies, industry trends and IT/OT best practices.
- Demonstrates curiosity in new technologies & products that could add value to the Rockwell network offerings. Constantly developing new skills and refining existing skills.
- Candidate should possess or be able to quickly obtain professional and expert level Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE...) to prove mastery in Cisco technologies.
- Experience with Network management software and network diagnostics and utilities.
- Experience in Software or Product Development a huge plus.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley control products a plus.
- Successful experience in Technical Leadership in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).