- Drives and coordinates daily activities of production process through the manufacturing & process leads on evening (Flex schedule between 2nd and 3rd shift. Removes production constraints, allocates human and equipment resources, and directs production employees to attain all production goals. Actively participates in root cause and corrective action implementation to remove production constraints and continuously improve product quality.
- Supervisor must direct/coach/motivate the leads to ensure and enforce that all employees are working safely and adhering to all safety and environmental policies and regulations. Must maintain and hold accountable the set policies within Benjamin Moore. Must see the safety of all employees as the prime initiative within the facility.
- Ensure leads are following up on all quality processes and monitor operators for adherence to these process and policies. Must hold each individual accountable to quality of work and standardization of work.
- Review, write, interpret, and train others on documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must measure and report the effectiveness of the production department goals and activities.
- Must work with CIP in the development of SOPs for all operations in production department.
- Responsible for production achievement for daily attainment and delivery.
- Must continually adjust resources within the production department to meet set cost standards such as measuring and effectively improving the OEE.
- ·Must effectively manage all shift employees in production including leads to drive production goals and meet/exceed performance expectations.
- Recommend potential projects/solutions/actions to the production manager to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department.
- Must embrace the culture of Lean, including maintaining daily communication boards.
- Work closely with scheduling department to effective load the production equipment.
- Provide effective employee leadership through ongoing mentoring, coaching, performance management and training.
- Manage an effective 5S continual improvement system for the production areas.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or related technical area.
· 2-7 years manufacturing management/leadership experience with responsibility for an entire department or shift.
· Knowledge of paint or chemical processing is desirable.
· Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills
· Lean Manufacturing skills
· Professional demeanor, leads by example, and is self-motivated
· Proven results through the development of team implemented cost reduction and continuous improvement programs.
· Proven problem solving and excellent communication skills are required. Prefer experience with SAP ERP.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day and lifting a minimum of
· Occasional travel is required
· Ability to work a Flexible schedule for occasional 3rd shift work may be required
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.