The Web Specialist will proactively identify and plan online enhancements and changes to the Intranet and consumer websites. They will develop plans to address and support various departmental needs as they pertain to digital strategy. The Web Specialist is responsible for organizing content for a site-to-site migration using the content management system Ektron. The individual values education and is continually changing to meet the growing needs of our expanding health system. The web specialist helps digital strategy initiatives around e-mail, marketing automation, CRM, CMS, social and other push, pull strategies and helps to determine how these integrate into the web strategy to deliver a complete user experience. The individual understands marketing and internal communications and can leverage online tools to enhance the user experience. Activities take place on the main campus, off-site satellites, and at other community venues, as well as online, at a variety of hours, both day and night.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs content analysis, design, and development in Ektron (content management system). Develops website and sections in Ektron, Wordpress, PHP, HTML, HTML5. Develops web content, content models, and recommendations for overall web enhancements.
- Meets with client stakeholders to gather and document their content requirements. Works with stakeholders to author new content.
- Conducts content audits and assessments.
- Tracks assets, components and links of the website.
- Coordinates the development or re-purposing of content to support the new design and page layout.
- Creates or updates documentation as necessary to support clients (e.g., style guide, content creation guide, etc.).
- Hands on with receiving changes, updating content and preparing content as web pages.
- Conducts very thorough quality assurance checks on content.
- Conducts website audits on content and functionality for future updates, build outs or migrations.
- Develops great familiarity with the requirements and components of each website section as needed. Develops a deep understanding of Ektron and can use templates and widgets to create dynamic sites for the health system.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Two years professional experience working on websites strategy and development to include developing, implementing and maintaining websites.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.