Location: Detroit - Michigan
Location: Kalamazoo - Michigan
The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team.
- Other activities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment. - Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics.
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.).
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- This role has a preferred location of the Detroit area but we will also consider Western Michigan locales such as Kalamazoo, Lansing and Grand Rapids.#LI-MW2
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Engineering, or Technology related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in industrial automation, preferably in Automotive, Metals, Water/Waste Water industry, Pulp & Paper, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage.
- Experience with:
- Variable Frequency Drives & Applications
- Medium Voltage Drives
- Servo/Motion control
- Studio5000, ControlLogix, CompactLogix
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).