Maps Search Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Jan 25, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200217888
Are you passionate about powering new features for the next iOS release? Are you excited about working on maps, solving search problems, huge datasets, real time streaming, and high volume/low latency serving stack? Then we have the job for you! Apple is looking for experienced, self driven, Search Engineers to build the next generation of Maps Search. This is an opportunity to be part of a team which is re-building search infrastructure from the ground up to deliver the best in class local search experience for our customers. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about search, cares about innovation, software craftsmanship, building high performance software products, always thinking about optimizing software for best utilization of resources and provide a high quality of customer experience by providing the best search results.
- 6+ years experience in developing large scale, multi-threaded, high performance services in Java or C++
- Experience with one or more of - big data technologies, search engine stack(s), runtime optimizations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and good grasp on data structures / algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
As a member of our Maps Search team, you will be working on various components of Maps Search Infrastructure and contributing to design, development and maintenance of key search components/features (such as Speller, Query Parsers, Ranking/Recommendation Engine, etc.) that is used by millions of users worldwide. You will be working closely with Data, Applied Science (Ranking/Relevance) and Analytics teams to develop new features and ensuring our customers have the best search experience. You will be developing low-latency, high-throughput search systems and services written in Java/C++, served over flavors of Linux. You will participate in design and code reviews; work with engineers and QA to deliver high quality search experience to our customers.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Lucene/Solr/Elastic Search or any other Search experience
- Experience with Hadoop/Map-Reduce/Spark
- Experience with data engineering
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.