Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200214275
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there is no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance of every detail? At Apple, our Cloud Infrastructure Systems Architecture group is responsible for designing and building the foundational pieces of our data center software. Join this team, and you will collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking systems that add to the development of our world-renowned hardware and software architecture. The systems infrastructure engineer within the Cloud Infrastructure Systems Architecture team will be responsible for designing and implementing software for a variety of scalable, reliable, and secure distributed computing systems for Apple's internal engineering teams with a strong focus on core components. If you feel like you'd love to join this amazing team, we'd love to hear from you!
- Strong understanding of concurrency, parallelism, and distributed systems concepts
- Experience with measuring, analyzing, and optimizing performance
- Experience designing, provisioning and managing a large-scale production systems
- Familiarity with all aspects of software development from architecture to deployment and maintenance
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code and configuration management.
- Familiarity with design, deployment, and monitoring of cloud native applications
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
Design and automate core infrastructure components including telemetry, storage, and continuous integration pipelines. Design and automate workflows for bare metal provisioning and make it as boring as possible Debug production issues across services at any level of the stack
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related experience. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Fluency in Go (Golang) a plus
- K8s is a plus
- Prometheus is a plus
- PXE is a plus
- DHCP is a plus