Privacy QA - Automation/ SDET Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 28, 2021
Role Number: 200219716
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The User Privacy team seeks an engineer with a passion for QA to help us ensure that the strong privacy protections in Apple's platforms remain that way in every release and every build. Every Apple product and feature contains privacy functionality - from Siri to Maps to App Store to UIKit - and your focus will be to work with teams all across the company and at all levels of the stack to ensure there is an automated test plan for their features' privacy functionality. This work will impact software features touching millions of our customers and developers worldwide.
- Experienced in developing test strategies, architecting test frameworks, and tools
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working on mobile automation, UI Automation.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies and tools, and passion for quality processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with many teams contributing to our products and drive cross functional projects to conclusion.
- Proficient with XCUITest and Python
- Proficient with API automation
- Ability to identify, investigate, and triage difficult problems
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities including: collaborating with other teams on their automated test plans for iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS; designing, implementing, and handing off automated tests to teams as necessary; integrating with server-side components as appropriate.Additional responsibilities will include risk analysis and integration testing across Apple platforms.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.