Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
A supervisory role responsible for managing a team responsible for successfully planning, controlling and managing project deliverables to ensure that customer needs are met. The role is responsible for leading a direct team of project managers.
- May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
- Performs all aspects of project management functions for customer projects, including commercial responsibility as well as technical.
- Manages execution of assigned projects within margin targets.
- Manages and reports all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- May apply complex and advanced project management and scheduling techniques.
- Responsible for process improvement activities within assigned business scope.
- Responsible for coaching and development of direct reports.
- Typically manages 5 -10 project management professionals and coordinates activities with support teams and other capabilities.
- Anticipates the need for change and supports and promotes company-wide programs, strategies and initiatives.
- Leads efforts of project personnel on complex projects.
- Coaches and helps develop less-experienced project managers assigned to projects.
- Leads project teams typically employing up to 20 engineering professionals and coordinates activities with support teams and other capabilities.
- May lead internal project process improvement efforts.
- Responsible for resource planning: assigns project managers to projects
- Works with direct reports to address training needs.
- Creates an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for resource scheduling to meet project plan requirements.
- Negotiates change orders with customers.
- Serves as the primary interface with customer, sales and other Rockwell Automation entities for assigned projects.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills.
- Responsible for the plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the customer and corporation.
- Acts as Rockwell Automation representative for assigned projects.
- Complete responsibility for successful outcome of projects. Manages single projects roughly $2-5M or multiple project portfolio typically up to 10 projects with a total value up to roughly $10M.
- Responsible for managing subcontracts that include labor and/or fixed price deliverables.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, margin, and customer satisfaction targets.
- Builds partnerships at the business management level of key customers.
- Often leads efforts to prepare commercial strategy for complex system applications.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
- BS in Engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge; further education in business administration, operations, or project management is a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity with four thousand five hundred hours of documented project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Sixty hours of formal PMI based Project Management training is desirable.
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact.
- Typically possesses industry, application or technology knowledge relevant to assigned business or geography.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged
- Demonstrated success at simultaneously managing multiple complex customer projects.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet business commitments.
- Proven ability to manage human resources
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution and people interface skills.
- Must perform duties in the office as part of a project team.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
- Possess critical competencies as defined in the Project Manager Competency Profile.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).