Location: 6032-Knoxville MainYd2400Chpmn
Territory Sales Manager
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A TERRITORY Sales MANAGER for Waste Connections of Tennessee, Inc. in Knoxville, TN?
Waste Connections of Tennessee, Inc. is a locally managed waste collections, landfill and recycling company. This position is a high volume B2B selling, customer maintenance, and customer retention opportunity. It requires balancing current customer needs and retention, along with gaining new customer through active prospecting and networking. This is not a telemarketing position and we do not believe that solutions are a "one size fits all". Business and relationships are built by face-to-face contact. There are daily requirements for prospecting, customer follow-up, reporting and interacting with operations and customer service team.
- Selling commercial waste removal and disposal services in and around the Knoxville area.
- Preparing bids, daily use of Salesforce.com, and cold calling new and existing customers.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business of commercial accounts.
- Interacting with customers, non-profit, business associations, and trade shows.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns, and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service.
- 80% of your time will be spent in your designated territory, prospecting, building relationships and exploring market opportunities.
- 20% of this position will be spent in the office doing team building, strategic planning, and account management.
- 2+ years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Personal vehicle and license to cover territory.
The Position Provides:
- A competitive base salary plus commission.
- Company paid cell phone and iPad.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Annual Chairman's Club recognition for top national performers.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)