Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Global Trade Compliance Export Lead is responsible for managing global export compliance activity while supporting the company's growth objectives. This person works across the company to provide export compliance guidance and process development to ensure compliance with US and local law in the exportation of goods, technology, and services globally, including appropriate licensing for exports. This individual will respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders, providing guidance as required to maintain company compliance.
- Monitor global export regulatory and legislative changes and alerts the company's leadership team and translates into actionable business recommendations and business plans.
- Performs in-depth regulatory, organizational and/or technical analysis of export related issues
- Leads initiatives/projects with peers and internal/external customers to solve complex challenges
- Provides guidance to functional groups that have a direct or indirect impact on company exports
- Guides, reviews and approves export license, ruling, and jurisdiction applications to US government agencies, and reports to authorities as required by engaging appropriate resources
- Collect, analyze and interpret data related to export activity
- Provides guidance and support on systems/tools (e.g. SAP & IFS) to further enable company compliance
- Consults and assists in the design, development, and implementation of business processes that effectively meet business goals and objectives while remaining compliant
- Assist the Global Trade Compliance Export Manager with development and delivery of export compliance training globally
- Support the internal audit program, identifying areas of risk while supporting/tracking corrective action
- Understand and apply export requirements for countries where Rockwell Automation operates
- Maintain a thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- Business Administration/International Degree or equivalent or significant related work experience.
- Direct knowledge of the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), including encryption provisions, and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) regulations
- Knowledge of factory automation and related software and technology is a plus.
- Global trade and compliance expertise, consisting of 5+ years managing multiple, complex trade compliance programs for an entity with global operations.
- Knowledge of corporate trade compliance programs and issues desired.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Strong teamwork, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Unwavering commitment to, and the ability to model, the standards of behavior set in our Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate genuine interest in colleagues, the company and industry.
- Ability to retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate with others.
- High sense of urgency.
- Remain open to ideas; integrates multiple perspectives in decision-making.
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, conflict, and stress.
- Ability to influence and obtains results through others within Rockwell in a respectful way.
- Open mindset and willingness to learn and promote new philosophies to impact culture and organizational transformation initiatives
Complexity of the role: IPC (Information Processing Capability)
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Apply process improvements to facilitate improved outcomes.
- Implement and execute processes across business/function to achieve assigned goals.
- Partner with business leaders across the business and geographic boundaries to support and manage change, while balancing local and global perspectives in reaching decisions.
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a situation or making a decision; demonstrate clear understanding of multiple viewpoints.
- Leverage business insights in proposing solutions and facilitating change.
- Scope of work: Receive assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet the goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the "story" behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps
Accepts Role Requirements :
- Foster the environment and support of continuous learning for employees.
- Enthusiasm for relationship building and partnership across the organization at all levels.
- Values working in a team oriented culture and building consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional areas.
- Actively participates in global calls and meetings via phone or in-person.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).