Location: United States of America (remote)
Looking for talented individuals to join our collaborative team as we rapidly expand our best-in-class solution capabilities in the Industrial Internet of Things space. Targeting candidates excited to work with new and emerging IIOT, advanced analytic, and augmented reality technologies. Seeking people who have proven capabilities in extracting and unveiling the value behind data, the desire to consult with clients to understand and guide their IIOT journeys, and the willingness to be a collaborative implementer of these solutions. Need to embrace human centric design approaches to provide modern user experiences layered on top of traditional manufacturing environments. This role is for you if you want to be part of a team that empowers our clients by creating innovative digital solutions that unlock productivity, efficiency, and flexibility.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic Product Strategist with a can-do attitude to join our talented team!
This role will be part of a team developing and deploying our client's IIOT platforms, analytic and machine learning applications, and augmented reality experiences. Our team uses the ThingWorx IIOT foundation for our services that will be deployed using standard apps and customized solutions, extended with additional FactoryTalk InnovationSuite technologies.
The Product Strategist role supports ASG's experimentation and application library development efforts. This individual leads activities with other ASG and Rockwell resources to identify potential solutions based on our software and service capabilities. For each potential solution, the role drives efforts to size the market opportunity, evaluate competition, develop requirements, evaluate experimentation requirements, build a clickable prototype or solution demo, estimate production development costs, and plan for development of related sales/marketing, delivery and support assets. The common framework for solution and experimentation activities that this role will champion involves an agile consulting approach, highlights Rockwell products and competencies, and integrates related commercial applications and services to meet customer requirements and provide meaningful business outcomes.
- Collaborates with Rockwell SMEs and ASG staff/partners to identify and build narratives related to viable software/service opportunities.
- Efficiently manages opportunities through phases to define solution requirements, experimentation needs for technical validation (if needed), clickable prototype or demo development, and budgetary estimate generation to productize the solution.
- Develops competitive analyses that result in suggested solution offerings, feature recommendations and comparison to existing Rockwell solutions.
- Drives the curation of sales/marketing, delivery, and support assets for the Application Library.
- Matures best practices and standards to support continuous improvement in Application Library solution development and use, as well as experimentation processes.
- Understands and shares expertise related to product/services development and commercialization.
- Develops a deep understanding of industry dynamics, competitors, customer and user segments, with knowledge of the needs (met or unmet) and incentive structures affecting each group.
- Displays strong teamwork, client service and organizational skills.
- Uses open and appropriate means of communication with management, stakeholders and peers on work status, risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both clients and Rockwell.
- Understands the RA product landscape and emerging technologies, and educates resources on new and innovative business solutions for our clients.
- Consistently applies problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities for project success.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering, BBA with IT concentration or related field
- Willing and able to travel and work at client sites. Travel can vary on assignment from 0% to 100% but can average 30%.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software project delivery and software design, ideally in manufacturing environments.
- 2+ years of experience in agile development and user experience research and design (UXR/D).
- Demonstrated experience launching products.
- Demonstrated experience in Sales or a Customer Success team.
- Experience with the configuration of Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk Analytics, ProductionCentre Application Suites (CPG Suite or PharmaSuite), PTC ThingWorx, Vuforia & Kepware.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).