Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
This position is responsible for managing the development of marketing programs to maximize customer demand and sales growth for Rockwell Automation's Food and Beverage (F&B) and Life Sciences Industries. The position works for the Global Industry Strategy and Marketing CPG/Life Sciences Director and must be able to work independently and collaborate with multiple internal organizations and professionals at various levels, globally, including: Regional Sales & Marketing, Industry Teams, Business Units and Marketing Function.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall planning, budgeting, and delivery of global commercial programs/campaigns that include inbound/outbound marketing, media relations, events, sales enablement, training and other pre-sale marketing communication tactics.
- Assists in development of commercial plan and budget. Understand how to apply marketing techniques to provide the most effective programs. Stay abreast of marketing trends and introduce new and creative approaches to marketing programs that grow sales revenue.
- Has an operational knowledge of how to manage and maximize shared services resources.
- Motivate project team members to deliver programs on time and within constraints as defined by the commercial plan and budget. Motivate cross-business and cross-regional teams even when such programs are outside of their day-to-day tasks.
- Identify metrics to measure every program. Understand the tools available to determine the metrics.
- Demonstrate capability to work on multiple types of projects at any one time. Manage commercial programs for market/segments with different target audiences and drivers. Work with global cross-business and cross-regional teams to leverage expertise where is it available to get the job done.
- Works with cross-business and cross-regional teams to develop programs that meet global needs or can be easily leveraged globally. Shares development of materials so that the most appropriate region takes the lead.
- Understand customer and channel requirements to develop appropriate sales tools and promotions and measure their effectiveness.
- Work with the Commercial Engineering organization to define the main activities supporting Commercial Plan.
- Keeps abreast of marketing trends and leverages new and creative approaches to develop the most effective programs to increase sales revenue.
- Assists in preparation for key Rockwell Automation trade shows and events including strategy, attendee promotions, exhibit updates, programs/materials, meeting rooms, audio visual, hospitality, graphics, staffing, and other necessary duties to complete a successful show.
- Conduct tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations as well as RA GSM policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
BS or BA degree or equivalent experience, preferably in marketing. A minimum of 8 years' experience with sales and marketing, or a shared service organization. Experience managing, creating, planning and executing project plans and / or marketing communications programs.
Competencies & Skills
- Strong project management skills
- Industry knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Influence skills
- Organizational and written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to sell ideas and present strategies
- Positive, get it done attitude
- Ability to sell ideas and present strategies at an executive level.
- Ability to leverage technology to more effectively communicate messages
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).