Optical Sensing HW - Machine Learning & Algorithms Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 2, 2021
Role Number: 200220212
We are seeking an exceptional Machine Learning & Algorithms Engineer for exploration of new areas in HW sensing. This is a multi-functional role with lots of visibility. You will work closely with other scientists and engineers to rapidly carry out studies, prepare demos and prototypes that help drive research and development. We are looking for a talented engineer for performing simulations and optimizations at module and system levels to guide our research direction. You will use your data science and machine learning skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of HW sensing systems.
- Solid mathematical knowledge; understanding of machine learning and statistics. Strength in two of the following domains: Optimization, deep learning, non-linear programming, computer vision, physical sensors.
- Exceptional written and social skills; clear communication with multi-functional teams. Ability to explain and present analyses and concepts to a broad technical audience
- Programming experience in MATLAB, Python, C/C++
- Hands-on experience in preparing prototypes and performing experiments
- Research, invent and implement new algorithms to work in conjunction with new optical sensing technologies, or significantly improve performance of existing sensing HW platforms - System- or module-level prototyping, integration, characterization and validation - Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including mechanical, firmware, process and test engineering teams) to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a Ph.D or MS degree in EE/CS/CE/Physics