Software Manager, Cloud Infrastructure - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 1, 2021
Role Number: 200220223
As a software engineering manager in the Special Projects Group, you will be working with a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies that will shape our future. We build critical large scale distributed systems and services, to support new products and also enable development workflows. You will take part in every stage of development from concept to deployment. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools, technologies, and approaches used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment.
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience
- Experienced with developing data-intensive and large-scale distributed systems
- Experienced with machine learning and data science workflows
- Solid understanding and hands-on experiences with developing and running full stack cloud services
- Experience using public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
Driving innovation, provide vision, and be deep in the technical details across projects in data and machine learning infrastructure domain
Work on complex projects, coordinating with other tech leads and managers to solve cross-functional problems
Growing teams of exceptional individuals and forming the next generation of leads
Scaling and optimizing cloud platforms, while keeping costs and efforts sustainable
Streamlining, automated and consolidating complex infrastructure
Education & Experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmers. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmers that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmers vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace