Location: Mayfield Village - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, employs about 22,000 individuals globally, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence and serve customers in more than 80 countries worldwide. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive, and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
As a Remote Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging systems.
- Respond to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Handling phone calls, resolving customer tickets
- Execute project work- operate, maintain, upgrading deployment
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of related working experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic or related Engineering discipline
- Windows Server experience
- VMware Experience
- Expertise in areas as: Automation (Allen Bradley) or Networking (Desirable Cisco Technology) or Hosting (VMware vSphere Certification or Windows Server Certification, Antivirus Management, Backup features)
- Microsoft ACL table, Active Directory Architecture, Microsoft Clustering
- Ability to work remotely on server hardware and software issues
- Understanding of EMC SAN/vSAN Storage hardware
- Familiarity with network and san switching technologies
- Experience with multiple types of server and storage hardware: Discrete servers, Blade servers, Storage Area Networks
- Effective communication and presentation skills, Proactivity, Customer Services Awareness, High availability for teamwork
- Previous help desk experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).