Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation is looking for a Senior Software Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, partnering with multi-discipline teams within Rockwell & external partners to establish and drive supplier quality goals and objectives throughout the product lifecycle & post release. This position is responsible to execute, monitor, measure and improve activities related to SW Suppliers. Rockwell Automation's compliance with the Quality System Standards as well as Rockwell's purchased/embedded software product/service quality requirements for current and future product portfolio. Participates in continuous improvement activities of Rockwell Automation's software suppliers. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are a must to build effective working relationships with a cross-functional set of internal stakeholders as well as external partners/suppliers. You will act as subject matter expert, coaching and mentoring teams on SQA methodologies, tools, standards, and processes. This position requires a strong quality background with experience in software development and product security.
Information Processing Capability:
- Responsible for evaluation, qualification, and selection of a variety of different new software suppliers and partners.
- Participate as an extended Quality team member of new product development and sustaining teams to assure processes are in place to design, release and manage highly reliable and safe software products for third party suppliers
- Assess supplier's Quality Management Systems as part of on-boarding.
- Review supplier's design controls for mature software development lifecycle processes including but not limited to verification, validation, risk management, software configuration management and deployment including reviews and approvals
- Partner with SW Sourcing on negotiation and execution of Quality Agreements with Software vendors and partners.
- Provide input & feedback to purchasing control procedures and processes as needed to stay compliant to quality system requirements and regulations.
- Conducts audit and assessment of software vendors and identifies continuous improvement plan where needed to ensure vendor meets our requirements.
- Leads and facilitates failure investigations; ensuring mitigations and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Works with strategic software partners/suppliers and internal stake holders to ensure global awareness and compliance to procedures and specifications
- Ensures effective transfer of Suppliers from development to production activities
- Support post market activities related to purchased product software anomalies - Complaint Handling, RCFAs and CAPAs
- Ability to provide training to other team members to ensure consistency and compliance to processes and procedures.
- Execute tasks with a sense of urgency; develop and implement timely actions.
- Focus on prevention, timely issue resolution and contributing to team.
- Demonstrate collaborative partnerships with peers, leaders and stakeholders.
- Works well in a matrix organization and accepts shared accountability.
- Balances priorities and communicates well to team, stakeholders and management
Accepts Role Requirements:
- Maintain accountability for high quality performance throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Present and communicate quality readout to stakeholders as required.
- Manage multiple priorities and collaborate across keys stakeholders.
- Participate and support key employee initiatives including the employee engagement, ethics, and culture of inclusion initiatives.
Minimum EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION requirements:
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, CMMI and/or ISO
- Minimum of 5 years in Software Quality Management / Quality Assurance
- Minimum of 3 years a Software Supplier Quality Assurance
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards (IEC 62443, ISO9001, ISO/IEC 9126)
- Proven effective communication across all organizational levels
- Strong experience in QA tools, methodologies and continuous improvement
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products a plus
- Certified Quality Engineer certification a plus
- Experience with various agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, SAFe. Lean StartUp)
- Awareness / experience with cybersecurity standards
- Project Management or Project Management Professional certification
- Master of Science or MBA is a plus
Up to 25% and may include global travel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).