Senior Technical Project Manager - Apple Employee Systems
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200218329
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Corporate Systems group as a Senior Technical Project Manager to build innovative applications and solutions that serve all Apple Employees. You will play a critical role in driving the strategy and execution, along with the technical direction for the Employee Systems organization; working with business leaders and external vendors to define and establish system roadmap, design, develop, test and implement solution with high quality on time and within budget in the Recruiting Technology domain. Candidates should have software background with hands-on design and implementation experience of large-scale mission critical enterprise HCM applications and web-based systems. Strong judgement, oral and written communication, and leadership skills are required. The ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change and the ability to resolve conflict effectively is essential to succeed in this role.
- Proven track record of managing complex software projects and leading cross functional teams to design and develop applications and services.
- Experience in building custom enterprise solution following software development life cycle.
- Experience in large scale enterprise HCM and Recruiting Implementation.
- Experience managing development teams and assessing scope, size, and budget requirements.
- Strong functional knowledge with HCM and Recruiting products such as Workday, Oracle HCM.
- Strong analytic skill to translate business requirements into smart system solutions with the development team.
- Good understanding of database systems (mySQL, Oracle, NOSQL, etc.) and data modeling.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of SOX, PII, PCI and related compliance standards.
Apple Employee Systems is looking for energetic self motivated project manager to lead the execution and delivery of Recruiting Solutions. As a key leader on the Employee Systems team, you will be working with end users, IT professionals and global Apple business leads to keep Apple's Employee Systems at the forefront of usability and functionality to meet business demands. The candidate should have managed systems projects, having cross-functional, global, and organizational implications enterprise systems ideally focused on HCM and Recruiting areas. Candidate should be flexible in roles yet with an in-depth knowledge of enterprise applications used for complex problem domains. RESPONSIBILITIES: Work with global business leads, and end users to collect requirements and enhancements for HCM and Recruiting domain. Work with business stakeholders to translate requirement into system solutions. Work with technical leads and architect to define scope of work, level of effort and negotiate delivery schedule. Own the entire system delivery, project plan, monitor project progress and manage resources to ensure high quality and timely delivery. Manage review process and artifacts for application development toward the goal of mitigating risks in development gaps. Own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness. Own the product stability in production and ensure system is robust and properly supported. Provide regular updates on project status to senior management and business leaders. Communicate directly and independently with customers, IT professionals, and developers in the analysis and resolution of development and production situations. Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the team.
Education & Experience
B.S. / M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Management of Information Science or equivalent field plus 8+ years working experience