Title: Assistant Director of the Cambridge Center
Job Category: Staff
Department: Cambridge Center
Position Length: Full-time
The Assistant Director reports to the Director and is responsible for Center leadership in the Director’s absence. Responsible for serving as an on-site academic and career advisor and Student Conduct Administrator. Champion for student support and retention.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for Center leadership in the Director’s absence.
- Act as the academic and career advisor for Cambridge Center students. Assist students in career and pathway planning in degree programs, certificate programs, and adult basic education. Refer students to appropriate program directors and work closely with colleagues across the College to ensure student success.
- Cross-trained on main office business functions of the Center, including application, registration, and payment processing.
- Work with both Cambridge and Wye Mills faculty and staff as necessary to promote underserved and general student population retention and to assist students with individual goal attainment.
- Work closely with the Director, serving as the onsite Student Conduct Administrator for the Cambridge Center, addressing conduct issues brought to his/her attention by faculty, staff and students, keeping the Vice President apprised of any conduct situations that may require formal College action.
- Attend meetings as necessary on Wye Mills campus.
- Coordinate with Compliance Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s in Social Work (MSW/LCSW) preferred. Bachelor’s degree in related area required. Prior experience as a student counselor preferred. Two (2) years of experience with educational systems and/or direct student services or related experience preferred. Demonstrated aptitude for communication and problem-solving. Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission. Proven self-starter who is excellent with technology.
- Most of the job is sedentary, however, occasional periods of light work may be required;
- Lifting up to approximately 35 lbs. occasionally.
- The worker will be exposed to primarily inside office/classroom conditions, with frequent travel within the five county regions required.
- Visual acuity appropriate for an administrative position,
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, reaching – occasionally,
- Climbing stairs – occasionally,
- Walking, frequently,
- Fast-paced, busy, and frequent high stress conditions.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Occasional travel may be required (<25% of the time.)
Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Click "Apply" to be redirected to our website to submit your resume today!