Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is looking for an innovative engineer to join our global Software and Control organization in Cleveland, Ohio. You will be part of a new product development team, with a focus on building automated test scripts which validate our products within CI/CD pipelines and other automation environments. You will also contribute to the overall product test architecture and improve current test frameworks and tools.
An ideal candidate will have a strong background in software development and exhibit the ability to flex between product software development and test activities. Given tightly coupled hardware and software in our products, previous embedded software experience is a plus.
- Develop and test safety and security-critical embedded software for new Programmable Logic Controllers
- Build and maintain automated tests and test frameworks in support of new and existing product features
- Work in a variety of hardware and software environments, ranging from commercial off-the-shelf to custom System on Chip architectures, and from general purpose to embedded real-time operating systems
- Use modern continuous integration and development tools, and promote continuous improvement of tools and practices across the global development organization
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, C++ and Python are preferred
- Operate across the entire software development life cycle: requirements management, design, implementation, test, release, and maintenance
- Work on an Agile development team within a larger Scaled Agile Framework organization, participating in short term (sprint), medium term (program increment) and long term (product roadmap) planning
- Mentor less experienced personnel, and encourage knowledge sharing and learning among the development community
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge in the application of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience with demonstrated professional development in software design and implementation
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming techniques
- Experience developing software and automated tests and tools in object-oriented languages such as C++ or Python
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools development
- Experience in requirements decomposition and test traceability
- Experience in using open source tools like Git and Jenkins
- Knowledge of unit testing using tools like CppUnit, unittest, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration environments, automated test, and acceptance testing
- Experience working in an Agile development setting and Agile project tools
- Experience working with industrial protocols, especially Common Industrial Protocol (CIP)
- Experience developing software and test to safety and security standards such as IEC 61508 or IEC 62443
- Advanced courses or degree in engineering, computer science or controls
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).